- Sand Castings
- Added Services
- Industries Served
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Casting Design
Brass Sand Castings
Brass sand castings were one of the first castings ever poured at Leitelt Brothers Inc, over 100 years ago. Brass is an alloy consisting mainly of copper (Cu) and zinc (Zn), and up to 35% zinc is obtainable in certain alloys.
Green Sand Casting is one of the most reliable brass casting methods and we specialize in orders ranging in size from 1 ounce up to 500 pounds.
Brass Sand Castings Properties
The melting point of brass is in the range of 1650 – 1725 degrees Fahrenheit. Brass sand castings contain many other properties including:
- Rust and Corrosion Resistant
- High Strength and Wear-Resistance
- Good Electrical Conductivity
Types of Brass Sand Castings
LB Foundry offers different types and grades of brass that include red brass, lead free brass and yellow brass.
- Red Brass - Typically consist of 75 to 80% Cu and 5 to 15% Zn.
- Yellow Brass - Yellow Brass alloys typically have 65 to 75% Cu and 25 to 35% Zn.
- Lead Free Brass - Has 87% Copper 5% Tin 3% Zinc and 2% Bismuth. It contains virtually no Selenium but does utilize Bismuth as a Lead substitute.
Typical Sand Casting Applications are electrical hardware, low-pressure valves, pumps, impellors, ornamental fittings, and hardware.
Leitelt Brothers Inc. also pours lead-free brass alloys for plumbing fittings and fixtures.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 773-721-1186